Thursday, June 7, 2012

Anticipation

Next Tuesday, I have my 6 week check in with my doctor. I had my blood draw this last Monday and in total, I will have had 12 weeks of treatment. I must say, many of the things that I was told would happen have come to fruition. I first I had a burst of energy, but now, while I am not exhausted, but definitely tired at the end of the day.

I am still having trouble in the morning with my medicine. I wonder if this will stay the same or get better. I am within .2ml of where I am supposed to be with my injection medicine, but I rarely find relief with the nausea in the morning. I am also supposed to add metformin back into my morning dosage once I am at 1.2ml of victoza.

But, this statement is not one of wanting to call uncle. There are too many positive signs with my treatment. If you ever read the literature you get with your prescriptions, many times it has a statement that is similar to this: Remember your doctor believes this treatment will have more positives outcomes than the negative side effects.

But it is not easy. I am looking at 208 weeks of treatment. I will only have 12 under my belt. And some of my anticipation has to do with my visual appearance. I can't help but be a tad self consciousness. While I don't think I have gained any weight (unlike the first 6 weeks), I don't feel like I have had any significant weight loss. It feels weird to tell people I have to eat a meal. It could be just my own guilt, but I think people are more comfortable (or less judgmental) when they are around fat people who do not eat. I will persevere.

So cross your fingers, hope for the best, and maybe there will be some positive results!

Capt Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment