Friday, July 20, 2012

Is It the Heat? Is it the Meds? A Cold?

A few weeks ago, I was in WA, DC and while it was not the hottest degrees I have ever been in, it was the highest temps and humidity I have ever experienced. I seemed to do OK, but by the end of the week, I started to have some stomach symptoms that could have been one of three things:

1. Heat getting to me
2. Effects of upping my medication in certain areas
3. I caught some sort of illness

I got home and I rested for a couple days, and I seemed to get better. But of course, with treatment, comes changes in medication again and Seattle weather got hot (for Seattle weather), and my stomach got upset again. So the three things were all options again.

The other thing I have been discovering with the hotter temps is that I have absolute zero appetite to eat. And that is a really really bad thing. Even trying to force food down is awful. I actually start to feel gag reflexes. For all this medicine to work, I need to be eating.

Luckily, I had an appointment scheduled with my nutritionist and we brained stormed some ideas. Smoothies are actually an OK option with a protein pack. But I have nothing at home to make smoothies, and I have no desire to spend money buying something. Especially when I might be having to downsize soon. But other things like yogurt and cottage cheese and even more snackie things have seemed to help some. Meeting people for lunch has helped quite a bit as long as I can eat slowly.

The other good news is another 6 weeks is almost up and I have my blood draw bright and early Monday morning. I won't get the results until I get back from a vacation, but I am hoping we have some progress, and even if we don't, I know my doctor has some plans for a different route. I don't have to do any changes in what my current med setup is until then. So I have plenty of time to get my body used to this current med setup, So there should be no issues for my vacation! That is a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment